Monday, May 6, 2013

Streams Fly Fisherman Forget About

I had a chance to fish one of the numerous lowland streams that feed into the Potomac in West Virginia this weekend and it was a blast. Trout obsessed fly fisherman tend to forget about these stream that are all over the place in our area. After being in Colorado for the last 5 years, it is amazing the amount of water there is in the Appalachians. These streams are incredible ecosystems filled with a variety of fish. I caught small mouth bass, rock bass, sunfish, fall fish and even hooked a 15 lb car that broke me off in short order. I will learn how to catch the monster carp that live in this stream! Signs of spring were all over the place from red bud trees to baby robins and spawning bass nests. It is a pleasure to fish these lowland creeks that have every bit of the beauty of trout streams. Many of your favorite put and take trout streams are fisheries like this one in the summer. I plan on finding more of these streams in search of small mouth in the coming months, so I will let you know what I find.







No comments:

Post a Comment