Monday, March 25, 2013

Beaver Creek 03/24/13

Beaver Creek is a spring creek southwest of Hagerstown Maryland. There is a very good brown trout population in this creek and it has produced some huge fish. I stopped in at the Beaver Creek Fly Shop located right next to the stream to pick up some supplies and to find out what is new with the stream. I haven't fished this stream in 9 years and wow has it changed. James at the shop game me a map and suggested a few flies to try.  Any one planning to fish Beaver Creek should stop by the shop for the latest info. The habitat improvement looks great and there is way more holding water than what I remembered. Cress bugs took a lot of smaller fish in the beginning of the day, but around 2 pm a good BWO hatch started. I switched to a emerger and caught some nice small wild browns. I wanted to chase some of the bigger resident fish, so I switched to a sculpin and moved several nice fish including the one in this video. It was a great day and I cannot wait to fish this stream again.

No comments:

Post a Comment